Making that forever ending bucket list. I love sitting around the fire talking about everyones bucket list.There are always some many things that people want to try and add to their own lists.
Here are a few things I would like to cross off my list:
1. Sky Diving – I love the adrenaline rush!
2. Backpack around the world
3. Learn how to surf
4. Get a tattoo
5. Adopt a child
6. Learn a different language
7. Own a Chanel bag
8. Snowboard in Whistler
What is on your bucket list?
I just discovered my new favourite wine – Blue Nun, Rivaner Riesling, a friend had given me a bottle for my birthday and am officially addicted. It is made in Germany; is not too sweet and not too dry = a must try!
If you have not tried it make sure to grab yourself a bottle next time you are at the LCBO and while your at it stop by the grocery store and pick up from fresh fruits. Sangria has got to be one of my favourite summer drinks; add some strawberries, blueberries, peaches and oranges and a pitcher of wine and you have a ladies night right in front of you!
When is enough…
All photos are from Google*
5 of my favourite Toronto and Mississauga patios!
1. Roc’n Docs (downtown Port Credit) – wonderful rooftop patio
on Sunday between 6pm-11pm they have 50% off there entire menu with a live band
2. Snug Harbour (downtown Port Credit ) – right beside the water with a great assortment of seafood items
3. Ten Restaurant (downtown Port Credit) – has an open concept and live band
4. O’Grady’s (downtown Toronto on Church) – $4 domestic pints during the week and $6 Martini Monday all day
5. Last Temptation (downtown Toronto) – $4 cocktails and great stop for people watching
All pictures are from Pinterest*
Here are 5 of my favourite summer pieces that won’t make you look tacky
1. The Statement Necklace – perfect for a simple dress that you want to dress up or down
2. Rings – the more the merrier
3. Watches – a freckle past the hour
all photos are from Pinterest*
2014 Summer Sunglasses
Below are some of my favourite summer sunglasses
Which ones are your fav?
*All photos are from Pinterest
Coming home after a long weekend at the cottage or out on the water and you notice every move and body part is just burning..literally.
Here are some helpful tips
1. Make sure you act right away!
2. Have a cool shower and then apply Aloe or some type of moisturizer repeatedly – will help reduce peeling
Note: Do not pick, peel, scrub or scratch!
3. Keep hydrated – drink lots of water
4. Take some Advil – helps reduce pain, swelling and redness
Information from Skin Cancer Foundation website*
Picture is taken from Google
Top 5 of my favourite summer songs that are constantly on repeat!
THE WEEKEND aka days off – struggling to get by during the work week, day dreaming about what the weekend will bring!
Counting down the days, hours and minutes until the clock strikes 5pm on that glorious Friday afternoon!
(I know this post doesn’t really go along with my blogs theme but I thought I would share it anyways)
Last Sunday we finally had some amazing weather and I decided to take full advantage and spent the day at Christie Lake Conservation Area in Hamilton, Ontario. Once we arrived we noticed there was an event going on, Paddlefest.
“MEC Paddlefest is an urban celebration of all things paddlesport related. Whether you’re a beginner who’s never been in a boat, or an expert paddler looking to fine-tune your skills, there are plenty of learning opportunities both on water, and on land.”
You had the opportunity to learn the history of the board, test and try out the paddle boards and then if you were really eager they had yoga classes in the middle of the lake on a paddle board!
It was definitely a bonus to my Sunday afternoon and I high recommend you to try it out if you have the opportunity!
Looking for a new drink…try out this healthy yet punchy summer cocktail!
Hope you enjoy it just as much as I do!
2 oz. Tequila
2 oz. Grapefruit
1 oz. lime juice
1/2 oz. triple sec
1/2 oz. agave
Kosher salt for rim
garnish- grapefruit slice/lime slice
Add tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice, triple sec and agave into a shaker with ice. Shake.
Take lime wedge and run around lip of glass. Place salt on plate and swirl the cup lip in the salt.
Add ice to glass. Strain cocktail shaker into glass. Garnish with grapefruit.
check out there website!